Today we had our 17 week appointment & everything was great! Lima's heartbeat was 168-170 BPM. I have gained 13 lbs so far, but the doctor said that was fine and I look good for being almost halfway through the pregnancy. She said she will let me know if I am gaining too much weight. We decided to pass on the Quadruple Screen Test because it seems like a lot of people get results showing an elevated chance of a problem & they get all worried and everything turns out to be fine. Even if your results do come back ok, there is still a 20-30% chance that the test did not pick up a problem, and/or that the baby will have another genetic problem that the Quadruple Screen does not test for. We will love Lima regardless, and decided we don't want to have the unnecessary stress that the test might cause us. The doctor also put me back on Advair for my asthma which is a relief to me, as the inhalers did not seem to be cutting it.
Another exciting thing happened over the last 5-6 days or so...I started to feel Lima move! To me it has felt like a bubble popping and always seems to be in the same place. I am not feeling it consistently yet, but that should come with time, and it is still a pretty faint feeling. I am very excited about finally being able to feel Lima move, and Dan should be able to feel him/her move soon too.
Our next appointment is the big one where we should be able to find out if Lima is a boy or a girl! That is in 4 weeks on 09/08/09.
No comments:
Post a Comment