Merry Christmas everyone! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. This year on Christmas Eve we are going to my mom's house & then on Christmas day we are going to my brother's house & then the day after Christmas we are going to Dan's parents house. This should be our last "quiet" Christmas because next year Madelyn will be here although she will still be a little too young to understand what is going on. I hope everyone has a great holiday!
In other news, we had our 36 wk appointment yesterday & now start going weekly. Nothing too exciting to report as everything continues to be status quo at this point. Once again it took the doctor a while to find her heartbeat, which amazes me - you would think that the bigger the baby is the easier it would be to find the heartbeat! When they did find it it was 159 bpm. I have not dilated at all but the doctor said that Madelyn's head is wedged down in my pelvis, which is good news, and partly explains why I am feeling so miserable! That means she shouldn't be changing positions between now and her delivery & she is in the "locked and loaded position". The doctor also confirmed that I have been feeling contractions as my body is preparing for the delivery. I am really nervous but excited at the same time. Next week I am off on vacation and then have to go to work for 1 day and then start my maternity leave. I plan on getting Madelyn's room all finished up and all her clothes & sheets washed and ready for her. It's hard to believe that our lives are about to completely change forever in the next couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment