Sunday, March 7, 2010

2 Months Old!





This past week was a pretty hard one...I had to go back to work and it was rough leaving Madelyn. I really miss her when I am at work and can't wait to get home to hold her! It is also hard to get a routine down and get back into the swing of things at work. I never imagined the amount of love that I now know a parent feels for their child. It is an amazing & overwhelming feeling at times. Overall the week went pretty smooth though and today we took her to get her two month portraits taken. They came out great!! Now I just need to go buy a bunch of frames :-)
Madelyn is doing better every day as far as holding up her head on her own. She is very alert and loves to listen to music - especially Lady Gaga...I think it was because I used to listen to Poker Face in the car when I was pregnant! So far she has slept for 7 hours straight in the night twice, which gives us a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to. One cute thing that happened this week was that Madelyn was in her swing and was crying - the dog heard her and took her favorite ball and gently put it in the swing next to Madelyn's head. Waldo likes to chew on that ball when she is nervous, so it was as if she was saying "here, take this, it always helps me feel better". It was a sweet gesture on the dogs part, but that ball is nasty! I am taking Madelyn to her 2 month appointment on Tuesday and will update the blog after that appointment. Dan will not be able to go with us since he is going to Del Rio for work.

1 comment: