Yesterday was the IOB appointment, which basically consisted of them going over my health insurance coverage, hospital info/classes we can take in the 3rd trimester, obtaining both our family histories, and having me sign a bunch of forms about that tests we want done. Oh, and how can I forget, the dreaded blood work. That actually went well though - the plebotomist did a good job and I could not even tell when she switched out the vial. I did get kind of light headed afterwards though and was "kind of out of it" according to Dan.
I signed the form for the Quad Screen Test, but after talking about it we have decided to probably skip that one. All it does is tell you if your odds of having a baby with a problem are elevated, not if there is an actual problem, and apparently false positives are common. We do not want a test that will potentially just cause us more worry, especially since terminating is not an option for us. We will love what God gives us whether there are problems or not.
Other than that, the delivery will take place at St. Luke's hospital, which is a nice hospital. All Labor & Delivery & recovery rooms are private, which is a definate plus. I kind of felt that it was a little early for them to go over the hosp & stuff, but it is good info to have.
Our next appointment is on 06/23/09, which is the "make it or break it" appointment in my opinion. If everything looks good at that time then we will share the good news with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment