Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Halfway Mark


On Saturday we turned 20 weeks - halfway there! I am still feeling good and have been feeling Lima move on a regular basis. It has also started to be easier for Dan to feel the baby move as well. Lima is especially active after I eat and right before bed. To me it feels like a popping or a muscle twitch, and is a very cool feeling. We have our next appointment in exactly one week (09/08/09) and we will have the ultrasound and will find out if Lima is a boy or a girl assuming he/she cooperates! They will also check to make sure everything appears to be growing properly & that Lima appears to be healthy, which is the most important thing!
This past weekend we also had my "Bachelorette party" that my sister in law organized for me. We went to a spa and all had manicures and then we went to La Hacienda for dinner. It was a lot of fun and I really appreciate Toni for organizing it for me.
Other than that, we leave for the Bahamas in 11 days and get married in 15 days! We are both very excited and anxious to leave, but have a lot to do to prepare. This weekend I should have a fitting of my dress, which I think will have to be let out more, and then I will have to pick it up one night next week. I have a feeling the rest of the year is going to fly by...when we get back from the Bahamas we have to get Lima's room & everything else ready, have a yard sale, register for classes at the hospital, and find a pediatrician. I also want to have all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving so I don't have to try to fight the crowds when I am 8-9 months pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment