
Today we had our 21 week appointment with an ultrasound, and we can now officially call Lima by her name - Madelyn Brooke! Everything looks great & she is measuring right on schedule @ 21 weeks 4 days. She now weights 14 ounces and her heartbeat was nice & strong at 167 bpm. Her heart, kidneys, head, spine, arms & feet all look perfect. It is kind of hard to tell from the pictures above, but she looks absolutely adorable! The placenta is at the top of the uterus, which is right where we want it, and my cervix is long which is good to know considering that we are leaving for the bahamas in 4 days. The dr said everything looks great and I go back in 4 weeks on 10/06/09, and then 3 weeks after that I will have another appointment and the glucose tolerance test.
We are both very excited, but Dan has been freaking out a little even though he doesn't want to admit it! When they said it was a girl he was like "are you sure?" and walked up to the monitor to get a better look & when he realized it was in fact a girl, I could see his shoulders drop in resignation. It was pretty funny. I know he is excited though and little Maddie will have him wrapped around her little finger the minute she arrives!
Another exciting thing that happened this past weekend was that Dan gently rested his head on my stomach and Lima kicked him in the head 3 times and he was able to feel it. I guess she did not like him invading her space!
p.s - the arrow in the pic on the bottom shows her "girl parts" :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment