Tuesday, November 3, 2009

3 hr Glucose Tolerance Test

Today we went for the 3 hr Glucose Tolerance Test. While not fun, it was not as bad as I feared. This time I drank the orange flavored Glucola (100g) - it was sickly sweet and made me feel nauseated & kind of dizzy. They took blood before I drank the Glucola and then at 1, 2 & 3 hrs. We got up and walked around and I am not sure if that helped or made it worse. Luckily I started to feel better after the first hour or two. My heart definately goes out to all diabetics though as it was not a fun way to spend the morning. Dan went with me and was a real trooper & did not complain once about sitting in the waiting room with me for 3 hours. It was great to have his support & encouragement & I am very thankful that I have such a supportive and involved husband.

Hopefully everything will come back okay & I do not have gestational diabetes. I'll post the results as soon as I hear back from the doctor, which should probably be by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment