This past weekend was the 4th of July & to celebrate we had a pool party at an apartment complex that Toni's company manages. It was a lot of fun & very relaxing! Good food (and LOTS of it) and good company. Unfortunately we missed the fireworks but it was still a good time. Madelyn had fun in the pool until she got cold and then Nana wrapped her up in a nice warm fluffy towel & she was cozy as a little bug in a rug! It was a lot of fun to watch Caitlin run around and try to "jump" into the pool. It is amazing that next summer that will be Madelyn running around like that. I think the girls are going to have a lot of fun together as they get older & hope they are really close.
Madelyn has continued to grow like a weed. We have officially retired all "footed" clothes in size 3-6 months, which is surprising considering she is on the shorter side. I think she still has another month or so in her non-footed clothes. After a week break I tried solids again & she still would not eat anything. I am getting discouraged with the solids as she has tried rice cereal, green beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, apples, peaches and bananas all without much success. I am going to give it another week break and then try oatmeal. She has also started lifting her arms up when she knows you are going to pick her up, and will sit and make sucking noises when she is hungry if you show her the bottle. I believe her first tooth will make it's appearance any day now since she has been teething for the last month or so. She has also started trying to go from laying on her back to sitting up...I think she will do that pretty soon! It is pretty cute, when you lay her on her back she tries to pull her little head up trying to get the momentum to sit.
Summer is in full swing and we are looking forward to cousin Caitlin's birthday party (2 already!!!) next weekend. The following weekend we have Dan's Progressive summer picnic, and that weekend we will also probably take Madelyn for her 6 month portraits!
Will add pics later!
Madelyn has continued to grow like a weed. We have officially retired all "footed" clothes in size 3-6 months, which is surprising considering she is on the shorter side. I think she still has another month or so in her non-footed clothes. After a week break I tried solids again & she still would not eat anything. I am getting discouraged with the solids as she has tried rice cereal, green beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, apples, peaches and bananas all without much success. I am going to give it another week break and then try oatmeal. She has also started lifting her arms up when she knows you are going to pick her up, and will sit and make sucking noises when she is hungry if you show her the bottle. I believe her first tooth will make it's appearance any day now since she has been teething for the last month or so. She has also started trying to go from laying on her back to sitting up...I think she will do that pretty soon! It is pretty cute, when you lay her on her back she tries to pull her little head up trying to get the momentum to sit.
Summer is in full swing and we are looking forward to cousin Caitlin's birthday party (2 already!!!) next weekend. The following weekend we have Dan's Progressive summer picnic, and that weekend we will also probably take Madelyn for her 6 month portraits!
Will add pics later!
No comments:
Post a Comment