Sunday, July 25, 2010

I LOVE this little baby!






I LOVE this little baby! Not like I need to announce that, but if I could go on Oprah I would jump on her couch & scream it. I lover her so much! I am absolutely mesmerized by her and love to just hold her & study her. She is the most amazing & beautiful thing I have ever seen. I watch her sleeping and sometimes I just can't help but pick her up & wake her up. I should probably just let her sleep, but I can't help myself and I know she won't be this age forever. She is growing so fast and will be 1 in the blink of an eye. Her little smile melts my heart & makes all my worries disappear. I don't think I truly understood what love is until she was born. Yes, you love others, but the love of a parent is unlike any other.
Sometimes at work I miss her horribly & crave holding her. Working full time & being a mom is really tough, and something you can't understand until you do it. I only get to see her for a couple of hours a day (if I am lucky), and feel guilty if I do something that doesn't include her (like eat or shower). I feel like those few hours a day that I get with her should be completly devoted to her and it makes me long for the weekends even more. It is absolutely exhausting.
Anyway, over the last couple of weeks we went to Caitlin's birthday party - I can't believe she is already 2!! We also found out that it looks like Caitlin is going to have a little sister in December. I am very excited & can't wait to meet little Emma Faith! We also went to Grandma & Grandpa Fogle's e & swam in the neighbor's pool since their new pool had to be cleaned. Madelyn loves the water and was kicking her little feet like crazy.
We have also finally had some success getting Madelyn to eat baby food finally. So far she has eaten pears, peas, prunes, mac/cheese & veggies & corn/butternut squash. She really seemed to like the corn/butternut squash & ate 3/4 of the jar in one sitting. She is still not a fan of breakfast though & I have not gotten her to eat it even once. We took her to her 6 month appt on Friday & the doctor said we can start giving her yogurt, juice & puffs....we haven't tried the yogurt yet, but she is (of course) not digging the juice or the puffs yet. Madelyn weighed in at 15.6 lbs and 24 1/4 inches at this appointment.
07/23/10 - 15.6 lbs - 25th % 24 1/4 inches
06/28/10 - 15 lbs
05/18/10 - 13.5 lbs - 33rd % 23.3 inches - 11th %
03/09/10 - 10.7 lbs - 50th % 21.5 inches -50th %
01/07/10 - 6.15 lbs 18.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment