Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy new year!
















Wow, December flew by and was a very busy month! To start off the month, Maddie got a stomach virus and could drink nothing but pedialyte for a 24 hour period. Off course, she shared the virus with me & Dan! Then, on December 10th we got to meet Maddie's new cousin Emma! Congrats David & Toni! Emma is absolutely adorable and so tiny! It is amazing that already I had forgotten Maddie ever being that small and Maddie was actually almost a pound smaller than Emma. Needless to say, we are very excited for David & Toni. I was wondering how Maddie would react seeing me holding another baby, but it turns out that she is too young to care yet! :-)

This month we also celebrated Maddie's first Christmas!!! She had a lot of fun playing with the boxes and the wrapping paper on Christmas Eve & day & has been playing with all of her new toys since then. On Christmas Eve we went to David & Toni's & on Christmas day we had Nana & Grandpa Bob & Grandma & Grandpa Fogle stopped by while Dan grilled on his new grill. It was awesome to celebrate our first Christmas as a family and watching Maddie & Caitlin play while holding Emma was an awesome feeling.

Today is New Years Eve....it is amazing how much our lives have changed this past year, mostly because of Madelyn. She has brought me so much joy and it seems like she has been part of our lives forever. I cannot remember what we used to do before she was here, and I cannot imagine my life without her. She is perfect and everything I ever dreamed of! She is growing too fast though & I cannot believe that we will be celebrating her first birthday in 1 week! I wish I could slow down time.... Tonight we are going to stay home and enjoy being a family while we ring in the new year! Hopefully 2011 will be as good for us as 2010 was! Hope everyone has a happy & healthy 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment