Wow, it's been a while since I updated the blog, but it's been a busy month! Maddie turned one on Jan 7, 2011, and to celebrate we had a small get together at the house....everyone showed up to wish Maddie a Happy Birthday, and it was a great time. Daddy smoked a brisket all night and we had grilled asparagus, potato salad & beans with it. Maddie was still not very interested in opening presents, but did enjoy playing with them once they were unwrapped. I tried to get Cousin Caitlin to help with the unwrapping, but she was being shy :-). It was really funny, when we gave Maddie her piece of birthday cake, she stuck her hand in the frosting, and then started screaming and crying until Mommy wiped it all off of her hand. Needless to say, by that time she was so upset that she wouldn't even try to eat the cake! We had a photo book made of the entire first year of her life, and I plan to have one made for her for every birthday so she can look back over the entire year, kind of like a scrapbook.
I really cannot believe how fast a year has gone by.....Maddie amazes us every single day & has grown and changed so much in the past year. Our little newborn is gone and has been replaced by an adorable, curious, loving little toddler. When she was a newborn I couldn't picture her looking any different than she did, but comparing the pictures now, it is clear that she has indeed changed, quite a lot, and that is why I put a pic of her as a newborn on this post. Maddie has completely changed our lives...all for the better! It seems like she has always been a part of us and I cannot remember what filled our time or thoughts before we had her.
Here are her 1 year stats:
18.6 lbs 28 in
birth:
6lbs 15 oz 18.5 in
A friend of mine once told me that your life can completely change in a year. I really didn't believe her at the time because I was single and the thought of having the family I always wanted seemed like it was never going to happen. Since the day I met Dan, my life has completely changed and I am so much happier than I ever thought I could be. We are a little family, and are very excited to announce that our family is growing again! That's right, in August Madelyn is going to be a big sister! Our due date is 08/18/11, which is the day after Daddy's birthday, and we are currently 13 weeks. We had an NT test last week & the sonogram looked good - baby was measuring 13w3d (5 days ahead), had a heart rate of 167 & is 3 inches long, and the doctor said everything looked good. Unfortunately, my labs showed an increased risk of Downs syndrome (1/123 compared to the average 1/240 for my age), which is still less than .8% risk, but we are now being sent to a perinatologist for a more in depth ultrasound and more labs. This is the same test that I passed on with Madelyn due to the high rate of false positives, and looking back, I should have passed on it again. We both have faith and are both optimistic that everything will be fine, but we will love our little baby regardless.
A friend of mine once told me that your life can completely change in a year. I really didn't believe her at the time because I was single and the thought of having the family I always wanted seemed like it was never going to happen. Since the day I met Dan, my life has completely changed and I am so much happier than I ever thought I could be. We are a little family, and are very excited to announce that our family is growing again! That's right, in August Madelyn is going to be a big sister! Our due date is 08/18/11, which is the day after Daddy's birthday, and we are currently 13 weeks. We had an NT test last week & the sonogram looked good - baby was measuring 13w3d (5 days ahead), had a heart rate of 167 & is 3 inches long, and the doctor said everything looked good. Unfortunately, my labs showed an increased risk of Downs syndrome (1/123 compared to the average 1/240 for my age), which is still less than .8% risk, but we are now being sent to a perinatologist for a more in depth ultrasound and more labs. This is the same test that I passed on with Madelyn due to the high rate of false positives, and looking back, I should have passed on it again. We both have faith and are both optimistic that everything will be fine, but we will love our little baby regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment