Thursday, March 24, 2011

Halfway there almost!!

Today we are 19 wks exactly and tonight Dan was able to feel Ryan kicking from the outside for the first time! Yes, you read that right, it is definitely a boy! We went for an ultrasound with the perinatologist on 03/17/11 and found out that he is a healthy baby boy! His heart rate was 153 and he was measuring at 9 oz. It was exciting to see him moving around and how much he has grown since the last ultrasound. When they were looking at his boy bits they put them up on the screen & the tech asked us what gender we wanted and I said "that looks like a boy!" and she said I was correct. They did give us a scare because the tech looked for all 4 chambers of the heart for about 20 minutes and then the perinatologist came in and looked for another 5 minutes before declaring that his heart looks good & he is "perfect". I was getting pretty nervous there for a while though, afraid they were going to say there was something wrong with his heart. Everything was measuring right for his age & I do not need to go back to the perinatologist unless something else comes up, which is good news. Our next appointment with the ob is 04/06/11, and they are supposed to do another ultrasound then.

I also think it is interesting that Ryan has the same due date as his dad did! I do think Ryan will come a little bit early like Madelyn did though....

Madelyn is doing great! She is a little walking fool and has finally gotten her top tooth in. She looks so cute walking around. She also tries to climb up on stuff now and rides her little riding toy around (but will only go backwards!). She also blows kisses now and kind of says "uh oh" if you say it first, but it is not very clear. She is amazing to watch and she always makes me smile! :-) She is truly the light of my life. Last weekend Grandpa Fogle and Daddy made her a swingset for the backyard & Maddie LOVES it! The higher you push her the bigger the smile...she definitely has no fear.

Other than that not much new....next week Dan is going to Victoria for work, so I will get a taste of the single parent life for a week. We are going to miss him and I am sure it will give me a new appreciation for all the things he does for/with us.

We have also planned a little weekend getaway to the coast in early May as a "mini-vacation", so I am excited about that & cannot wait to see how Maddie reacts to the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment