Sunday, March 6, 2011

Watch out world, Maddie is WALKING!!!











Over the last couple of weeks Maddie got to visit again with Great Grandma & Grandpa Bernstein & got to meet her Uncle Jason & Aunt Jara. It was nice to get to see everyone and watch Maddie interact with everyone. Of course, she was the center of attention and kept everyone entertained with her dancing & cuteness! It's amazing to think that next year when Great Grandma & Grandpa come to town we will have 2 little ones to keep us on our toes.

Maddie also started walking on 2/26/11. She has been walking around with her push toys for several months, but hadn't taken more than 2-3 steps on her own since. Well, on 02/26/11, we dropped her off at Nana & Grandpa's while we went for a date night and when we got back were surprised when they said she had been walking all around...and even more surprised when she started doing it for us and walking all around the house. It is the cutest thing, she is so proud of herself and gets the biggest grin on her face! Since then she has been walking a lot, but still thinks it is easier to crawl or walk with a toy.

Maddie has also been doing much better with the eating and has pretty much given up on jarred baby food. She always wants to try whatever we are eating, and really loves fish sticks, chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese, pudding, chips & cookies. She is still pretty picky, but is doing great overall. She has also gotten her top 2 teeth in finally & now has a total of 4 teeth! She had an extremely fussy couple of days before her teeth came in, and I am not looking forward to molars if her front teeth are that bad for her.

In other news, we had a get together with Nana & Grandpa, David & Toni & Caitlin & Emma. It is fun to watch Caitlin & Maddie play together, they do great together! For the first time Maddie actually got jealous when I was holding Emma & came over screaming and upset until I handed Emma off and picked her up. Hopefully Maddie will get over that by the time August rolls around!

Everything is going well with the pregnancy so far. I have an appointment on Tues with my OB that will probably be pretty uneventful (hopefully!) - they should just listen to the heartbeat with a doppler & take blood for the rest of the Nuchal Translucency test (to screen for spinal cord issues) - Dan thinks I should just skip it, and part of me agrees, but another part of me feels like I already did the first 2 parts, I might as well finish the test off. We already talked to the genetic counselor and declined the amnio, so we have a level 2 ultrasound scheduled for 03/17/11 & should be able to find out the gender at that time (I think it's a boy, but we shall see). Hopefully everything will look good on the ultrasound. Last week (week 15) I started feeling the baby move, which is a comforting feeling. I had forgotten what it felt like & wasn't sure if I was feeling the baby or not, but as soon as I felt it I knew exactly what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment